This book is an Australian school classic and since it first graced Home Economics classes in 1966, has been used, loved, and kept long after the school years in kitchens across the country. I have Edition 3 and 7, and the latest edition, number 8 is on its way in the post as we speak.
So, it was my great pleasure to give a facelift to this second, metric revised edition. It has certainly served it's owner well - no truly well loved cooking text is complete without finger marks, spine stress and bent corners, not to mention the distinct odour of vanilla, flour and pepper.
Details of the repair commission:
- Assessment and disbind
- Significant cleaning of covers
- Corner reconstruction
- Guarding of front and back partial endpapers to keep them as additional flyleaves
- Guarding of first and last signature
- Addition of spine cloth and supports
- New endpapers
- Reback in linen bookcloth over covers and spine
- Attachment of original spine label
**Lori, I'm so glad you love it. You'll get many years of use from the Ol' girl, yet**